Chickpea flour, also known as gram, besan, or garbanzo bean flour, has been a staple in Indian cooking for centuries. Chickpeas are versatile legumes with a mild, nutty taste, and chickpea flour is typically made from a variety called Bengal grams.
This flour, which can also be easily made at home, has recently grown in popularity across the world as a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- May reduce formation of harmful compounds in processed foods
- Has fewer calories than regular flour
- May be more filling than wheat flour
- Affects blood sugar less than wheat flour
- Excessively packed with fibre
- Higher in protein than other flours
- Great substitute for wheat flour
- Can be easily prepared at home
There are no products to list in this category.